The Preferential Love of Christ
Charism is a specific gift received from God for the benefit of His children and His Church. Mother Elisabetta received a gift, which has been passed on to all her daughters, the gift of education and catechesis. Our Charism proceed from the love that our Foundress, Mother Elisabetta Renzi, had for Jesus Crucified and his Most Sorrowful Mother brought her to share that love with “those poor souls who do not know the gift of God.”
As Sisters of Our Lady of Sorrows, we are all committed to being faithful to the “grace of origins,” placing our personal gifts and experiences at the service the Church and of the mission of the Congregation.
The characteristics of our charism include:
- The acceptance of the cross.
- Love of the Eucharist, which is the source of the Sisters of
Our Lady of Sorrows’ spiritual life and mission.
- Love of evangelization, catechesis and education
- Abandonment to Providence
- Intense union with God in prayer
- Union and communion with the other sisters
- A spirit of service in charity and humility, simplicity,
cordiality, joy in duty, gladness of spirit, and love leading
- Being contemplatives in apostolic action as our motto states “to burn and to light.”
The Sisters of Our Lady of Sorrows, a living part of the Church, has received from God, through the Foundress Elisabetta Renzi, the "gift" of witnessing in the world to the enduring presence of the preferential love of Christ for the young, the poor, the weak, and the needy.
Constitutions of the Congregation